Wednesday, December 3, 2008

2008 Thanksgiving




I love Thanksgiving!













Video - Averi helping with the table setting



Carter is checking the table settings out.
Averi's turkey tails napkins looked great!














Keli, Jenae and Whitney resting after eating plenty!



Dinner was great but bring on the desserts and pumkin pie!


Tyler Averi and Carter are excited for all the pies and desserts to be cut and served.











Julie Barnes and her husband Mike spend Thanksgiving with us every year. It was my turn to have in at my house this year. Next year we will go to their home. We started having Thanksgiving together over 25 years ago. Our families have grown so much that one year we had to feed our on families and then just get everyone together for games and desserts. This year she only had one son and daughter in law and we only had three of our children's families, so we could all get together at my house. Our son Chad and his family were in Florida having Thanksgiving dinner with Julie's son Adam and his family. So another generation of Hardinger and Barnes are getting together for Thanksgiving. Jenae says it never feels like Thanksgiving unless we get together with the Barnes.







Courtney and Keaton playing in the playroom It is just the right size and they love it!





Dan, Jenae, Whitney, Aubrey and Courtney





On Saturday night Jenae's family and I went to see the Portland Oregon Zoo lights. It was a warm evening and we really enjoyed the lights!
I love Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for!!

6 comments:

Rusty and Tara said...

Good to hear from the Hardinger clan! It looks like your Thanksgiving was a very festive occasion! 17 Grandkids--I can't believe it!

Keli said...

Thank you so much for having us! It was so fun to be together with family! You work so hard to make everything so nice and even though I make fun of you (you know ironing the tablecloths, hair drying the table placemats because they weren't completely flat etc.) I really really really really do apprectiate all that you do and wish I were a bit more like you! Even though we did get asked if we were twins! love ya thanks again

Neysa said...

It looks like you guys have had a fabulous Thanksgiving. Glad that you had all of your kids there with you. It looked like a blast at the zoo too. I went private by the way on our blog. Did you ever give me your email so I can invite you? Maybe Keli can leave it on my blog or something. We really would LOVE to invite you to it.

Jenae said...

Hi mom! Your blog page captured almost all the things that happened. Although I didn't read about the announcement... You know we're having another kid? :) Love you soo much and thanks for not being a speed bump! :)

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Janet!!!!
Keli sent me your blog link...I'M SO HAPPY YOU HAVE A BLOG!!!!! I miss you and your family. I have a blog, too, but it's private, so I'll need to send you an invite if you want to read about my boring little life. Send me your email address at L8nmom@embarqmail.com and I'll add you. How fun to see Mike & Julie Barnes, too!

Amy said...

So happy to find your blog, Sister Hardinger!

Love you guys

Amy McCumber